Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Not connected

• Please log in to reply

amcgra20

amcgra20

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hello-

I have been using a wireless router (D-link) with my Toshiba laptop for some time. I moved my cable internet router and wireless router to another room and now I cannot connect to my wireless network. Other wireless networks are available and my laptop will connect to those. My wireless network is visible on "available network connections" and has excellent signal strength. Any help someone could provide would be great.

Thanks!

Advertisements

Gravity Gripp

Gravity Gripp

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,815 posts
Welcome to Geeks-to-Go.

What error do you get when you try to connect to your wireless network? If you could walk me through what you see, it would be a great help.

amcgra20

amcgra20

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
When I attempt to connect it tries for a while then says "not connected".

tikyoo

tikyoo

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
maybe you accidently turn off the switch underneath the mouse theres like a switch says on or off. not really underneath. its in the edge. really close to the mouse. theres a switch there for wireless. also check your security passphrase probably u put the wrong one.

thank you.

Edited by tikyoo, 03 January 2008 - 05:13 AM.

Gravity Gripp

Gravity Gripp

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,815 posts
tikyoo, if the switch was the problem, they would not see any other wireless networks.

amcgra20, go into the control panel, open up network connections, find the wireless network connection. Right click on wireless network connection and go to properties. Then click on the "Wireless Networks" tab and locate "Preferred networks". Remove all network in that box, including yours. Then click OK. Now, go ahead and try to connect to your wireless network again.

Also, as tikyoo suggested, check your passphrase and make sure you type it correctly.

Let me know if that changed anything.

Edited by Gravity Gripp, 03 January 2008 - 06:52 AM.

amcgra20

amcgra20

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
That worked! Thanks so much for your help.