Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

NEC DVD+RW ND-1100A CD recording issues

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am new to this site and have some issues with my dvd/cd player. I can read and write both data, video files with my dvd. The issue that I am having is with the cd. The cd can play audio cd, can read data cd's, but I can not write data or music on a cd. When I check the properties tab, it says that the device is working properly. Whenever I insert a cd-r disc to record onto, I get the arrow with the disc atop which means that the disc has been inserted. But for some reason it does not detect the disc and a message pops up stating, "No media inserted in the selected device. Please insert a recordable media and try again". I am at a loss....Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
How are you trying to record on the CD? What program?
Note that Windows is sometimes stupid and refuses to acknowledge a blank disk is present until there's something actually on it to read.