Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Preformance issues with NVIDIA GO 7900 GS

• Please log in to reply

Mike

Mike

Malware Monger

• Retired Staff
  • 2,745 posts
Hey,

A while back I noticed a drop in FPS in my games, after fiddling around with NVIDIA's graphic settings I decided it was time to update my driver. Being forced to use a modded INF file to install my new driver (due to lack of support by Toshiba for NVIDIA drivers for my laptop) I still haven't seen any performance stability (FPS will drop from 100 to 50 to 30 to 100 etcetera). Could it be that my card just doesn't work like it used to? I'm only playing Counter Strike 1.6 which isn't really to heavy on graphics and my card has given me no problems for the last year and a half. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

On a side note : After installing a new driver my refresh rate is reset to 60 Hz and locked there, is there anyway to put it back up to 100 Hz (Tried Refreshforce with no avail)

Thanks ahead of time,

Michael

Edited by QcX, 03 January 2008 - 07:22 AM.

Advertisements