Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

RAM problem

• Please log in to reply

Sheffield_Chris

Sheffield_Chris

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I'm sure this isn't the first time a problem like this has been posted, so I'll try to keep it short.

I want to upgrade the RAM in my Dell Dimension 3000. Has an Intel Celeron motherboard with Intel 865GV chipset.

Currently I have 256MB (don't laugh) of RAM - Not sure which one, but I've tried previously to upgrade the RAM unsucessfully. This was the unsucesful one. Why didn't this one work? An will this one work?

Advertisements

SOORENA

SOORENA

• PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
Hi and welcome to G2G!!!!

I believe you can only have a maximum of 1Gb PC3200 on that model according to the page HERE and that model you purchased before was probably a bad stick.

Soorena

Edited by SOORENA, 03 January 2008 - 08:15 AM.

Sheffield_Chris

Sheffield_Chris

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for your answer,

I think the stick was OK, as I have sold it on a few weeks ago! :) I have also seen on the Dell website that my PC can hold 2GB of RAM :)

Thanks anyway,

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Thats high density ram, its junk read this

http://reviews.ebay....000000001236178

Get your self some corsair or crucial, go to there website and use their memory configurator to get the correct ram for your system

Sheffield_Chris

Sheffield_Chris

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
brilliant, thanks.