Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My pc has died help!

• Please log in to reply

shay35

shay35

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I wonder if anyone could help me when i turn my pc on all i have is the green light to say its turned on at the front of my pc but nothing else happens cant get the thing to turn on at all Help! Someone said it maybe the power supply?

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
could be.,,, any fan noise? (get close)

A power supply has three rails, 12volt, 5 volt, and 3.3 volt--anything with a motor uses the 12volt rail; memory video and cpu use the 3.3 volt rail and about the only thing that still uses a 5 volt rail is the power button. So, a power supply with a blown 12 and 3.3 volt rails will result in your problem....course, so will a few other things, like a fried CPU.....

shay35

shay35

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanx for the reply no fan noise no beeps just the green light at the front of the pc nothing starts up at all its just all dead.

S A A B

S A A B

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
i think that your CPu is fried. I had the same problem a while ago... no beeps, wideo or noise. I had to get a new CPU