Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Wireless Issue when traveling.

• Please log in to reply

Annie_2

Annie_2

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I have a problem with my Wireless G USB Network Adapter on my laptop WindowsXP.

It tells me i have a connection but when I go to search on IE or open my mail it tells me there isn's a connection and some places tells me local access only.

How do I get it to connect? What do I need to go and change? I am new :) to this so an and all help would be great.

Thanks,
Annie

Advertisements

Gravity Gripp

Gravity Gripp

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,813 posts
What tells you that you have an connection?

I'd like to you try this also, go the the Start Menu and then locate "Run". In the run box, type "cmd". In the black box that appears, type "ping www.google.com". Post the results of that back here.

Thanks and welcome to Geeks-To-Go. :)

Annie_2

Annie_2

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Ended up with the Flu and Strep-throat so I was down for a while.

Thanks got it going. Some places you have to go in and get a Code.

Have a great week.

Annie

tekkie

tekkie

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Good thing you got it all figured out. I sometimes get bummed out when handling with technology. Sometimes I really can't figure it out and wireless connections are one of it. :) I also had the same problems. I had additional problems like the program for the connection wouldn't open. I just relied on an icon on my desktop and sometimes it even displays that the internet is connected even if it really isn't. :)