Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WEP Code Error

• Please log in to reply

acdc125

acdc125

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
While attempting to connect my Laptop to my wireless network (Bell Sympatico), I got the error message "The Network passowrd has to be 40bits or 104bits depending on your network configuration. This can be entered as 5 or 13 acsii characters or 10 or 26 hexadecimal characters". My network key is 26 characters, and the 2 other computers in my house connect the my wireless network using the same key. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Advertisements

tikyoo

tikyoo

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
u put the wrong security passphrase. or probably u assign a new security passphrase.

Edited by tikyoo, 03 January 2008 - 06:15 PM.

acdc125

acdc125

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
How?

Is there anyway I can change my passphrase back?

And I didn't enter the wrong one, it works for both my other computers, its the one given to me from bell.

Gravity Gripp

Gravity Gripp

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,815 posts
Are you sure that you have the correct encryption type selected. I'm assuming that you are using WEP?