Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC does not connect to internet with hub

• Please log in to reply

ACastro

ACastro

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi everyone,

I'm running XP sp2

I'm using a Netgear hub EFAH05W to connect wireless router (Airport) and my PC to my network. When I have my DSL service connected directly to the PC (no hub), the computer connect perfectly to the internet. When Im using the hub to connect to the PC, the computer will not connect to the internet. I even get an IP of 10.*.*.*

My other computer, using the wireless router, works perfectly. I bought a new hub, and it still doesn't work.

Any suggestions???

AC

Advertisements

Gravity Gripp

Gravity Gripp

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,815 posts
Welcome to Geeks-To-Go.

When you hook your hub up to the router, do you hook it up via the uplink port with a Ethernet cable?

ACastro

ACastro

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks...

No..neither computer works when the router is connected to the uplink port

Gravity Gripp

Gravity Gripp

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,815 posts
Hrm, it may be necessary to use a cross-over cable to connect the hub to your router via the uplink port.