Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mobile Phone As Wireless Modem question...

• Please log in to reply

Maverick27

Maverick27

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Can somebody pls. give me a STEP by STEP tutorial on how to configure my mobile phone (I-Mate JASJAR) as wireless modem on my laptop which has Vista Business.

Do i need to install any additional drivers on my laptop to in order to accomplish my task of using my mobile as Wireless Modem ?

I've found a USB Modem Drivers URL download but not sure if & how to deploy it - PLS ADVISE !!

http://www.opendrive....-download.html

Mave

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
2 things to be very aware of here:

1)normally they require a pc card and software to allow you to use your cell service as a "modem". Not sure how you would connect your phone to your pc. This often depends on who your service provide is.

2)data plans very greatly. OFten they charge for the amount of data transfered. Lots of stories out there about $3,000--15,000 bills due to data usage.