Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Slow start page eve on DSL?

• Please log in to reply

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
after installing tugzip, right click on hijackthis.zip, choose EXTRACT TO: \hijackthis

(will create a folder in same directory---desktop in this case--called hijackthis with hijackthis.exe inside)

I love this function

Advertisements

sylamore

sylamore

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
Ok, it created the file on my desktop but when I double-clicked the file to open it I got an Error Starting Program message that said "A required .DLL file, MSVBVM60.DLL, was not found".

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
http://support.micro...com/kb/q192461/

sylamore

sylamore

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
Hi again. So I need to dl this file and then it should work, right? Gosh my comp is running so good I can't hardly stand it.....Thanks to you :tazz:

sylamore

sylamore

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
Awhhhh, swet success. Now I have run a log file on hjt. You want to see it? Check me out one more time? Lord knows I need the advice and your help! LOL

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
shouldn't really need it....brand new machine, you should be pretty much malware free.

ABout the only other program that may be of use is some kind of intrusion detection program, like Prevx

http://www.prevx.com/defaultssl.asp

sylamore

sylamore

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
Thanks and I'll check it out. I am having a slight problem with one thing. I tried to watch a short trailer of a movie today off the web and Media Player opened but I got a box that said "An Invalid Media Type Was Specified". What does that mean?