Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Strange question I hope you can anwser

• Please log in to reply

choogler

choogler

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
I want to know if I can get 2 monitors and make it so I can use 2 users at the same time. I a sure my computer can handle have 2 users loged in and I know I can go duel monitors with my card but can I get some kind of switch for the mouse and keyboards.

I know this may be a stupid question but I would like to know my best route for doing this.

Edited by choogler, 04 January 2008 - 06:59 PM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
You can get what's called a KVM switch but this is designed for two separate computers using one mouse, keyboard and monitor on two systems.
I don't believe its possible under XP to use two accounts at the same time, you can be logged into all of them if you want but you can only use one of them at a time and switch between them.
If you want to use two user accounts at the same time, it would appear they need to be on separate computers.