Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Royd Envoy Loudspeakers

• Please log in to reply

tiroshii

tiroshii

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
I have recently inherited a very good Hi-Fi system and a pair of Royd Envoy loudspeakers. However, these speakers are missing the 'mesh' from the front. Does anyone know where I could obtain two of these? I have searched Google but found nothing.

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Seems they are no longer made and company is out of business. There is no official Royd site according to TAC.

Best bet is to get someone who customizes speakers to make you a pair of mesh covers or do them yourself if you like working with your hands. The local library should have some good books of this subject with plans. Maybe check a few of the audiophile's magazines.

Ron

tiroshii

tiroshii

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Seems they are no longer made and company is out of business. There is no official Royd site according to TAC.

Best bet is to get someone who customizes speakers to make you a pair of mesh covers or do them yourself if you like working with your hands. The local library should have some good books of this subject with plans. Maybe check a few of the audiophile's magazines.

Ron

Hmm, okay thanks.

I'll see what I can get done. :)

The speakers are pretty old so it makes sense that the manufacturer may have gone kaput.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
I searched as hard as you did and just wasn't coming up with anything either. I use to have a Marantz which I kept in tip top shape, but then I was in electronics and had the test equipment to tweak it to the best it could get. Making speaker grilles shouldn't be too hard.

Good luck.

Ron

Tal

Tal

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,138 posts
Hehe, my dad's into all of this HiFi business, we have an all-tube system.

Anyway, sound-wise, they are not that important, so you can actually get along without them...

tiroshii

tiroshii

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Hehe, my dad's into all of this HiFi business, we have an all-tube system.

Anyway, sound-wise, they are not that important, so you can actually get along without them...

Yeah, I was just hoping to have them as they make the speakers look a lot neater and keep them clean and protected.