Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Removing Worm.Win32.Netsky

• Please log in to reply

Chagrin411

Chagrin411

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have noticed a number of posts to remove this virus.
The problem is they seem focused on a specific hijack this file with specific items in the list.
This virus attacked yesterday installing favorites in ie to refer to a website where my computer infection could be cleaned.
Pop ups announced that my system was under attack by netsky and I had to click here or there to get the infection removed.
I didn't do that assuming I would be led to a bogus website and other problems.
This virus hit me even though I have a windows firewall, nod32 virus protection and webroot spysweeper.
I download HiJack this and have a log.
I downloaded Noadware, which appeared to remove the problem, but it has popped up twice.
I assume that NoAdware does a temporary job and something is stuck in my resigry.
Anyway, I'm not the greatest with computers but my life's work is on mine.
No I don't have adequate back up.
I would appreciate help to see if I can rid my computer of whatever has been deposited.

It's a dell vostro1500 running xp. I have ie7 and also firefox.

Advertisements