Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

bad vista.... bad!, or the firewall?

• Please log in to reply

Grim Keeper

Grim Keeper

• Pip
  • 9 posts
i was using zone alarm (the free version) because i am not really too bothered about security but didn't want to leave myself completely open for attack (plus im a cheap skate), and i was having a lot of problems with it interfering with other processes, it was preventing them from shutting properly etc.

I checked online for other free firewalls and came across COMODO i quite like it so far but after i installed it, any time i try to run anything .... from games to web browsers to the calculator, i get an error message - "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not ahve the appropriate permissions to access the item."

any ideas?

im the only admin and the only account.
nothing starts on start up .... i have to right click everything right click and run as admin
i cant even change sound levels without going through c windows realtek

its just not funny anymore....

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Comodo Firewall has issues with Vista. Apparently version 3 or later should be compatible.

Grim Keeper

Grim Keeper

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
thankx for the quick reply ill try it out later tonihgt or tomorrow and let you know how i got on

Grim Keeper

Grim Keeper

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
uninstalling and reinstalling done the trick problem solved ... strange

redline582

redline582

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
Welcome to Windows Vista haha