Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Adobe 8.1.1

• Please log in to reply

northstar02004

northstar02004

• Pip
  • 6 posts
:)
I am using Adobe 8.1.1 and PDF documents will not print! Using Windows XP system and after reading exhaustive and unhelpful resources online trying to correct the problem, I am now one day off work deadline! After selecting print, the progress shows on the screen and the printer begins and immediately stops. I have tried printing other documents and have no problem including Word. Any help appreciated to correct problem!

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
there are numereous reasons why this could occur. Try printing a single page at a time see what happens. What pinter are you trying to print to?

northstar02004

northstar02004

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thank you for your response. Printer is HP Colorsmart 3150. It will not print single page in Adobe. Also have tried going to Advance tab and selecting to print as an Image which does not work. I went to HP's website and downloaded some updates and drivers which did nothing. This
seems to be exclusive to Adobe. The printer grabs the paper and then freezes! Because most of the documents are foms, cutting and pasting removes format and does not work. Hope someone can help!

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
are you able to print other pdf files, other than these "forms"?

have you tried printing to a different printer?

Edited by starjax, 07 January 2008 - 08:49 AM.

northstar02004

northstar02004

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hello and Thank You for reply! I cannot print from any PDF file. The printer will print everything else. I only have one printer at home so need to correct problem as I need to do some work here as well.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
possible workaround for your problem...
get Foxit reader here...
it has the option to fill out forms also...you can also cut and paste text from PDF's...and its free

The download size is around 1MB, so you can download it quickly. It doesn't need any lengthy installation, so you can start to run it as soon as you can download it.....

Edited by happyrck, 07 January 2008 - 09:38 AM.

northstar02004

northstar02004

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thank you! I downloaded Foxit and was able to print PDF document. Have a few questions in regards to Foxit. I am assuming that all PDF documents will open in Foxit. What happens with Adobe that is installed? The documents do not appear as clear in Foxit. Is there a reason it is slightly distorted when using this software? Thank you for letting me know and for your help!

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
when you view or when you print (distortion)?

By default, foxit is the default pdf reader. Adobe is still on the system, but will need to be launched first and then open the document, in question, from within.

northstar02004

northstar02004

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thank you. Distortion seems to be applicable to view only, not print. View is important to me as I am reading and editing from screen. I understand that Foxit will be default PDF however do you mean that Adobe will initialize each time before going to Foxit? Is there another way to go? If this is correct then I understand why the progress of printing window that opened was not operating normally. In fact, it never really said loading and then printing progress. Thank you for responding to these issues.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Foxit is just the default program. Meaning that when you launch a pdf file, the operating system knows to open it with Foxit.

Acrobat is also installed. Not listed at default. Has no interaction with Foxit.

northstar02004

northstar02004

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thank you. How can I adjust the distortion - not normal for my computer?

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
can you post a screenshot ...I have install foxit reader on at least 100 systems with no problems...
you can just remove adobe completely using add/remove programs in your control panel...its just dead weight..

Edited by happyrck, 11 January 2008 - 11:07 AM.