Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dlink DI-624 connection

• Please log in to reply

tennisboy

tennisboy

• PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
i bought this router bout 2 years ago, and i have had sooo many connection problems, i remember i asked a geek squad guy at best buy about it and he said the DI-624 has had a lot of complaints he just told me to get a new router. I'm a student living on my own so its extermly costly to get a new router. Wondering if anyone has had the same problems as me, i already upgraded to the newest firmware and it still randomly disconnect both wirelessly and straight connection its extremely annoying!! Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks guys

Advertisements

Sometimes needs help

Sometimes needs help

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
I don't have this router but maybe I could help you. Do you just have connection issues with the router? Can you get wired or wireless internet off of it? Is your connection when you connect really slow? Please be more specific when you're asking. Any details will help solve the solution.

Edited by Sometimes needs help, 05 January 2008 - 08:07 PM.

tennisboy

tennisboy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

I don't have this router but maybe I could help you. Do you just have connection issues with the router? Can you get wired or wireless internet off of it? Is your connection when you connect really slow? Please be more specific when you're asking. Any details will help solve the solution.

Ya it just disconnects randomly for maybe 2 minutes or more then comes back again. Yes u can get both wired and wireless internet off of it. No problems with connection speed. Friend of mine has the exact same router and he has the same problems as me!

Sometimes needs help

Sometimes needs help

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
This looks like an ok router but... Have you checked for viruses or malware on your computer? Sometimes your computer networked to the computer can get a virus and attack the router. Try running some software like Spybot S&D. Sometimes viruses can just restart your router and that will stop the connection. I use linksys routers because they are recommended by many places. Maybe if you think you like D-Link or something and you would like a cheap router try something like this one. Here is a link. http://www.bestbuy.c...d=1188560187743

Thebinaryman

Thebinaryman

• PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
i've used this router for a couple years. i liked it very much. never had any problems. chances are the problems are not the fault of the router.

tennisboy

tennisboy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
i used adaware and spybot but it still disconnects! do u think i should post a hijack log?

Thebinaryman

Thebinaryman

• PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
what is disconecting? is it your connection to the router/lan, or perhaps your internet? if it's just your internet going down i would suggest looking at your cable/dsl/RF modem, not necessarily the router. can you confirm that it's your network connection to the router that's dropping and not the router's connection to the internet?

tennisboy

tennisboy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
my wireless internet connection goes off and so does my brothers connection he is connected by a lan cable to the router. Both go off at the same time. I tried calling shaw and they tested the connection on there end and seemed to be fine. They sent a tech over to test my modem and he said everything was fine he thinks its the router also.

Thebinaryman

Thebinaryman

• PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
have you updated the firmware for the router from d-link's site?

tennisboy

tennisboy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
yes i have the latest one

Thebinaryman

Thebinaryman

• PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
sometimes just the environment you are networking in can cause problems. just a tip, keep all network cables a foot away from power cables, florescent lights, or anything that can give off interference. keep a any cordless phone receivers away from your router, or anything else on 2.4ghz bandwith. those things can interfere with wireless signals. make sure you're on a different channel and ssid than your neighbors. you don't want signals to fight each other. just a thought.