Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP upgrade/Norton Internet/Firefox

• Please log in to reply

novicegeek

novicegeek

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Just upgraded to XP from ME, now having tons of difficulty with Norton Internet Security and Antivirus. Cannot keep them installed, when I do reinstall - the program won't let me have any control over settings. This is causing my Firefox and Explorer to not load webpages (will load some but not all). I have completely removed NIS and then reinstalled from the disc several times and it happens again. On one start - up, I got the blank screen and had to go into the safe mode via the control key. Are these programs not compatible and should I go for a different virus program and just use the Windows firewall for our cable modem?

Any guidance is appreciated.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
What does Norton's website say for your product and version number? Earlier versions may not be compatible with Service pack 2... for example, Norton Antivirus 2003 has issues.

novicegeek

novicegeek

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I'll look into the product and version number this evening when I am at home. Good place to start - thanks.