Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

myspace login trouble

• Please log in to reply

eaglesfan40

eaglesfan40

• Pip
  • 3 posts
When I try to login to myspace it takes me right back to its home page and when i search for my profile it says online now but i can't go to my page.

Advertisements

Kelvin

Kelvin

• PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
Try cleaning your cookies and junk.

Download CCleaner.
Once downloaded, install it.
Open it, then select the programs you want to clean temporary files with.
Once you've finished choosing, select Run Cleaner.

If the problem still persists, please post back.

~Kelvin

eaglesfan40

eaglesfan40

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
i've fixed the problem by downloading firefox and using it as my browser.

Kelvin

Kelvin

• PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
Oh. Ok then, good to know your problem's solved.

~Kelvin

kimalaka

kimalaka

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I was searching around for an answer to my problem, and came across this, which happens to be my same exact problem. However, I DO use Firefox as my default browser, and I installed CCleaner and used it for everything in Firefox. This still did not fix my problem. I can log in on Internet Explorer, but since I use Firefox I would like to know and fix the problem.

Onaipian

Onaipian

Notepad warrior

• Retired Staff
  • 2,130 posts
Welcome to GeeksToGo :) I'm piano9playa5 and I will be helping you with your problem:

Try refreshing the page by pressing Ctrl+F5, while your on the MySpace page of course..

Other than that I'm at a loss to where the problem is coming from... Do you get any error pages? What happens after you try to log on?

EDIT:

A quick look at the page shows that javascript is require to use all of it's features.. I should have thought of that before :)

Try This:

Click Tools (bar on top of the browser)
Select Options
Click Contents tab
Check Enable JavaScript if it's not already checked
Click OK

Edited by piano9playa5, 11 December 2008 - 08:55 PM.

kimalaka

kimalaka

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Enable Java Script is already checked. I've been messing around with this for the latter half of the day trying to figure out what's going on. I'll try to go into a little more detail though:

When I go to log in at the default myspace home page (http://www.myspace.com), it tries to take me to my personal myspace home page but instead stays on the exact same page. Except it says that I am logged in in the yellow box where you would log yourself in. However, I can navigate with the tabs at the top of the page to get to my myspace inbox, profile, friends, account options, etc. The ONLY page I can't get to is my main one, and whenever I try to click "home" anywhere on myspace to get there, it simply takes me back to www.myspace.com.

Some other things I noticed before this started happening was that no one's background images were showing up on any of their profiles, including my own. Also, I started getting various ads all over the site, even though Ad Muncher has always been very good about blocking them. This leads me to think that it may have something to do with my Ad Muncher, since I can log in just fine on IE, and I don't get any advertisements on any other sites.

Does this help you any further?

Onaipian

Onaipian

Notepad warrior

• Retired Staff
  • 2,130 posts
Well.. just to rule out your suspicions, we will try Firefox in safe mode...

Please go to Start > All programs > Mozilla Firefox > Mozilla Firefox (Safe Mode)

Try your login and then let me know how it went...