Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

problem with my computer

• Please log in to reply

nordin

nordin

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hi everyone,I bought a computer not longtime ago,second hand {P4 IBM netvista ,2.4 Mghz prosessor,512 memory and 40 giga hard disk,downloads and drivers 8319 code ).I have to mention that this computer have all the cards that a computer needs they are integrated inside so you need to download drivers in order to make them work properly.Now I have installed windows vista and I need some drivers to make it run better,so can anyone help with this or give me some advice because for example I bought yesterday a new webcam which is compatible with vista but as I need a driver for my graphic card ,it doesn't work because the screen resolutions are only 16 so honestly I am desperate.it is the same thing with my digital camera etc.......thank you

Edited by nordin, 08 January 2008 - 01:43 AM.

Advertisements

Kelvin

Kelvin

• PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
You can go to the site of the model of your laptop, and the drivers will be there.

For your camera/other devices, going to their homepage (eg: www.olympus.com or something like that) and searching for the drivers will help.

If you need any more help, feel free to post back.

~Kelvin

nordin

nordin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
thank you Kelvin,I have just found out that my graphic card is no longer supported by intel,they are no more making drivers,for xp it's ok but not for vista.I will put another one instead,thanks for your help and advice.

Edited by nordin, 08 January 2008 - 03:03 PM.

Kelvin

Kelvin

• PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
Ok then. Glad to know.

Just wondering, what graphics card is that?

~Kelvin