Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

beeping computer codes need help please

• Please log in to reply

tjdabeast

tjdabeast

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello, I decided to check my RAM to learn how to replace it since I am buying a new one tomorrow. So it is 12A.M. and I am very tired, I put back the RAM stick and turned on my computer but now there are excessive repeating beeps. I do not know how to work this, I researched forums and sites looking for help and I found out that repeated long beeps are memory problems. So I moved my RAM stick around to try and work it but no luck. Can anyone help me and address my problem. I am buying a new RAM stick with a bigger memory, do you think it will fix my problem? Thank you.

Advertisements

Adrenalin

Adrenalin

• PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
Hi tjdabeast,

Well, you took out the ram, fiddled with it, put it back in and now there's beeps? And the beeps you looked up said it was memory? Only one thing it could be eh? :)

Besides that, you could try cleaning them and putting them back in. Ram is very sensitive, like most parts of a PC, so be careful.

I have one faulty stick of ram that i constantly [once every 6 months] have to clean. So all I do is take it out, use an old shirt and clean the gold strips, stick it back in and it works again. Lol, not a good solution but hey, I am saving for new parts so no use replacing the old stuff :)

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
You didn't mention your computer make, but you might look over these steps:
Illustrated How to Install RAM Memory Replacement DIMM
How to Install RAM
How to install RAM in your Mac (If you have a Mac)
Install RAM modules step by step

Ron

tjdabeast

tjdabeast

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Okay, I will test all those steps, and thanks a lot guys its very appreciated!