Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

P4 2.4 upgrade..

• Please log in to reply

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts

I'm not too interested in DX 10 either.. need Vista to get it.. and I have no intention of goin to Vista until Microcrap pulls thier heads outta their butts and gets goin on fixing thei broken junk. I've heard nothin but complaints about it as far as gaming goes.. average Joe user seems to be happy though. "It's not what Vista can do for you, but what you can buy for Vista"- Mac commercial (love that line)

The Mac commercials are terribly one sided with only half the story.
I'm running Vista, and wouldn't go back to XP, the only reason why people complain is because they don't like change.
Though, in your case there is no benefit of upgrading.
James

Advertisements

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts

really?.. didn't know the 7900 was better than the 8600. But I'm also goin off what I see advertised.. at which point they push the latest, which isn't always the greatest.

Never go by what is advertised. Ever.
I have seen people buy 2000$ workstation cards for gaming, they bought them cause they were worth more then other cards. Little did they know a 200$ gaming card would beat the snot out of it.
James

Edited by james_8970, 09 January 2008 - 09:05 PM.

Bahlzeron

Bahlzeron

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
lol.. geez. I try to do a bit research before I buy.

now if I could figure out the memory problem this board is givin me...

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts

The slot is likely finished forever, if it's still under warranty send it in, otherwise you'll just have to live with it.
I'm assuming that you have tried to place a working stick into the none functioning slot.
James

Bahlzeron

Bahlzeron

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

I'm not too interested in DX 10 either.. need Vista to get it.. and I have no intention of goin to Vista until Microcrap pulls thier heads outta their butts and gets goin on fixing thei broken junk. I've heard nothin but complaints about it as far as gaming goes.. average Joe user seems to be happy though. "It's not what Vista can do for you, but what you can buy for Vista"- Mac commercial (love that line)

The Mac commercials are terribly one sided with only half the story.
I'm running Vista, and wouldn't go back to XP, the only reason why people complain is because they don't like change.
Though, in your case there is no benefit of upgrading.
James

really?.. I have very little Vista experience, I have hardly used it. I guess your right though.. everybody complained about XP when it came out.

Bahlzeron

Bahlzeron

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

The slot is likely finished forever, if it's still under warranty send it in, otherwise you'll just have to live with it.
I'm assuming that you have tried to place a working stick into the none functioning slot.
James

not yet.. didnt know if the system would run if a stick was in slot 2 only. (regardless of the current situation)

Bahlzeron

Bahlzeron

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
hmm.. got it workin.. now reads 1.5 gigs. The mem sticks really nees to be pushed on with this board (after the clips lock in place).. also the 512 stick I had in must not be compatible with my 1g stick... guess I'll buy a matching 1g stick next month... WOOT!! ty James!!! :)

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Not a problem.
James