Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Security Toolbar 7.1

• Please log in to reply

danij412

danij412

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I've had this virus for a couple of weeks. I'm not very computer savvy so I'm not sure where to begin. I did try to download a couple of spyware resolvers with no luck. I saw that you guys helped someone else out with this virus, but again a lot of this stuff is like greek to me. I do know that this virus has hacked into my computer somehow so that I can no longer run Flash Player. Its says I need to download, but everytime I try it says I already have it. If that makes any sense at all. Oh and I have McAfee and its done nothing but tell me there is malicious software. I appreciate anything you can do to help me. Please let me know whatever you need from me. Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

racenutalways

racenutalways

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,675 posts
Hello danij412 and welcome to G2G, let's start with this and see what's going on,

Please download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) and save it to your Desktop.
  • Close all other windows before proceeding.
  • Double-click on dss.exe and follow the prompts.
  • When it has finished, dss will open two Notepads main.txt and extra.txt -- please copy (CTRL+A and then CTRL+C) and paste (CTRL+V) the contents of main.txt and extra.txt in your next reply.