Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

brave sentry 2.0

• Please log in to reply

phoronid

phoronid

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I've been trying to get my wife's computer to allow me to do basic commands since she got her laptop infected with the brave sentry 2.0 virus. I found and uninstalled the primary installer file in program files, but have been unable to get her computer to get back on our wireless network. I've been downloading the files you mentioned in others that have been helped and added them to her computer. she now has combofix, hjt, sdfix, and smitfraud fix due to what i've read so far, but to avoid getting ahead of the troubleshooting process I would begin with the first hjt scan. i can't get the file to transfer, and i can't put her computer online.

Per another set of instructions from another helper I ran smitfraud.cmd and combofix. I will post the logfiles if I can get her computer to allow any sort of outgoing file transfers to disk or cd since I can't get it online.

The disk cleaning portion of smitfraud.cmd at the end didn't allow registry editing and it closed. The sdfix software seems to have restored some functionality to windows again and got through. I can start in normal mode, and feel semi-safe with comodo running, but the wireless internet connection seems to be detected and not working. It does work on my computer, i'm on the same wireless from my desktop. I have comodo blocking all now as if i can't use it still, i'm going to be secure.

Thanks for the help.

Edited by phoronid, 07 January 2008 - 12:27 PM.

Advertisements