Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem in printing software XP

• Please log in to reply

mike66

mike66

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
HI Geeks!!!

After I got infected bt smitfraud.c, Iīm facing some problems with my printer. The spooler was not working, but now itīs fine. However, whwn I ask to print anything, the printer icon appears in the right bottom of the screen disapperas immediately and the printer doesnīt make a single movement. While using "word", I asked to localize the printer in the printing screen of "word" and this message appears: "The directory service is not avaiable". Could anyone help me, please???

Advertisements

mike66

mike66

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
Hello!!!

Can anyone help me, please!!!

mike66

mike66

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
Hi!!!

PLEASE!!!! PLEASE!!! PLEASE!!!!
Could anyone helpe me????

mike66

mike66

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
HELP!!
HELLP!!!
HELLLP!!!!
HELLLLP!!!!
HELLLLLP!!!!!!
HELLLLLLP!!!!!!!
HELLLLLLLP!!!!!!!!!
HELLLLLLLLP!!!!!!!!!!!
HELLLLLLLLLP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rrush

rrush

• PipPip
  • 66 posts
Is printer parallel connection? What type/model? Is it shared with any other machines?

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
does the printer show up in device manager? Does it have that yellow ! ? Was the printer working before you got that virus infection? I assume you did all of the cleanup recommended for that virus? What kind of printer is it? Do you have the install disk that came with it? Do you have the current driver?

You generated questions that need to be answered before anyone can help. What os are you running. It helps to post system specs so people willing to help have something to go on.

You could try removing the hardware and re-installing with the current driver. Not knowing the answers to the above, this is the only suggestion :tazz: I can offer. ;)