Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Removing a key logger

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

scor81

scor81

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
Hi.

I installed a key logger a while back (long story, wanted to catch someone out).

Problem is, I now can't get rid of it. I can't even find out what its called. All i know is that it is running.. its icon is in the bottom right of my screen, next to messenger icon.

When I click it, it asks me to login with a password... which I can't remember, so therefore I cant login to remove it!

I cant see it in my startup list under msconfig, so I cnat stop it from auto starting.. but then again i dont know what its called, but its nothing that i can see!!

I also cant see it in task manager.

I run windows vista. Can anyone help, or just tell me at least if it is possible to remove it?

Thanks guys!!

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Make a post in the Malware forum.

scor81

scor81

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Ok i posted in the malware forums, but no replies there either? Can anyone help? Please??

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
If you have not received any replies in the Malware section and it has been 3 days or more, please post in The Waiting Room. This topic sadly does not belong in the applications board and will soon be closed.