Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Freezing windows explorer...

• Please log in to reply

bebanito

bebanito

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
I have a Pentium® 4 CPU 2.60Ghz 2.60Ghz, 1.50GB of RAM
OS: Win XP Professional 2002 Service Pack 2 The PC is like 3.5 years old.

I have this problem with win explorer which freezes on me all the time and pops-up the window with "Dr. Watson Postmortem Debugger"... I thought it is a problem of malware or spyware so I did addressed this in the specific forum, but in the end with all the help I got (and I have to mention here many thanks to Rorschach112 ) the problem could not be fixed. Then Rorschach112 suggested me to address this problem here, which I did. I also must mention that among the weird things my PC does, are also the signing me out from my instant messengers and opening the window for some programs like SUPERAntyspyware or Spywareblaster which are running in the background.

I was intending to reinstall the OS, but I thought to give it a chance in this forum, maybe somebody can help me.
So please don't be shy and give me some advice I'm open to any suggestions!

Thanks!

P.S.: Forgot to say that I have problems with my DVD drives too (player and recorder) which my PC fails to recognize(giving me an error message like "F: is not accessible" or "Please insert a disc in drive F:")
I tried to reinstall the drivers but I have the same problem... I'm rebooting and this works for a short period of time and then the problems occur again...

Edited by bebanito, 07 January 2008 - 11:23 PM.

Advertisements

bebanito

bebanito

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Ooooh, come on...nobody?

Nobody can help me?

Is my problem too common or too complicated that I don't deserve at least 1(one) answer?

Please guys, help me out!

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,065 posts
bebanito, please remember all the folks here are volunteers, we do this for fun :) If this were an easy problem to fix you would have already had an answer.

My recommendation would be to back up your data then do a Repair Install and see if that resolves all your problems. If not, as much as I hate to say so, I would do a Clean Install.

The key is to get your data backed up now, so that no matter what happens you won't lose it.

You might want to hold on a bit longer in case one of the other folks comes up with a better idea.

bebanito

bebanito

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
OK, I'll give it a few more days...
About the Repair install....why try it when I am going to do a Clean install anyways?
Thanks a lot for your comments...at least I know that you guys noticed about my problem...
I'll be waiting a little bit more...