Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Possible?

• Please log in to reply

krusty445

krusty445

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if it is possible to do the following and if so how to do it.

I currently have a headset (not normal, just the two jack pins) And am wondering if i can possibly reroute the computer to give me only voice (In this case an online ATC program run with Flight Sim) in my headset and Flight Sim sound in the speakers. Basically what i want is for the ATC voice to be in my headset and not the Flight sim engine sounds etc etc.

Hope someone can help,

Many Thanks,

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Only if the voice and SIM sounds are on separate channels then you could arrange to separate the left and right according to how you want it. I'm sure there's a more sophisticated way using audio lab filters which are out of reach of the average person without a large cash outlay.

Ron

krusty445

krusty445

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Well i think they are as the ATC voice program called Squawk box runs independently in FS. So how can i do this?

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
This can be done ($$$$) with the same kind of bandpass filters that are in your stereo speaker cabnit to seperate bass, midrange, and treble. Human voice ranges in the higher audible frequency while other sounds may be lower. I suggest that you talk to some one at a store like radio shack to find out the cost first as this may need an expensive mixer to seperate the sounds.