Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Samsung DVD TS-H352a

• Please log in to reply

the-ferret

the-ferret

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Help, trying to install a Samsung TS-H352A DVD rom in an old Windows 98 system. Device has installed and is recognised a a CD-Rom (according to listing under systems tab). Have upgraded Win98 to SE and tried installing the Samsung driver MSCDEX still fragged.

No errors, just wont play DVDs using PowerDVD v5.

Tried to unisntall/reinstall, updated driver, upgraded os to SE, checked autoexec & config sys files and can't see anything obvious.

Any ideas? :tazz:

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Windows 98 does not need a driver for a dvd player.

What is the disk recognized as in the device manager?

the-ferret

the-ferret

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
The disc is recognised as TS-H352A under the CD-Rom tree. At one point an error was displayed ASPI for windows is not available but that has not appeared since. Will play music and drowse cd in explorer. DVD title is displayed when I put a dvd in (i.e. under my computer I can see the disc title) but wont play.

System is an old KMD6 - 450mhz time machine> mobo is stamped N1996 or MS5182 ver1 but no manufacture mark. Bios is pasword protected and I do not have the password.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Ahh, OK.....

First, try and download the aspi layer here
http://www.afterdawn..._tools/aspi.cfm

If that does not work, post back and we will try forceaspi

Guest_usetobe_*

Guest_usetobe_*
I had the same model as this and it had to go back to shop as it was a faulty,

It's a common fault with them by all accounts, looking at the support forum on Samsung site, even flashing the f/wire didn't help.

the-ferret

the-ferret

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
GerryF you are a genius, forceaspi has done the trick and I now have jerky dvd playback (guess best I can expect with a 450 processor).

Thanks for the help

Graham
:tazz: