Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Western Digital external usb 2.0 hard drive

• Please log in to reply

newbie geek

newbie geek

• PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
I am looking at purchasing a Western Digital usb external 2.0 Hard Drive and understand that it comes with Dantz Retrospect hardware.

I understand that there is a Disaster Recovery program with this drive and that you create a bootable disk when you initially install the programs for use of the drive in the event of that Black Day on the Horizon.

i wondered if anyone has ever had to use this Boot Disk as I was looking at Maxtor which comes with the same software as this one touch model and was in the Dantz forum and see that some notebook owners express a problem that the Boot Disk does not work.

Since I am keen on the product and have heard that it is a fairly reliable drive I wanted to see if any members out there have had experience with disaster recovery and the Boot Disk.

Since I know there is no way to test a Boot Disk I was curious at what other members had to comment on this if they have experienced Western Digital and the Boot Disk.

Thankyou,

Advertisements