Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I need help with my Wireless Internet

• Please log in to reply

Mudkipboy

Mudkipboy

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
Each time I turn my computer on or wake it up after the screensaver starts or after I get back to it after I have locked it, my wireless internet connection is disconnected and to get connected with the internet again I have to unplug and plug back in my Netgear WPN111. Then, I go to the Network and Sharing Center and disconnect from a network called Virtual Profile connection and connect to a network called Wireless Network. Those are the two networks that show up when I click Manage Wireless Networks from the list to the left in the Network and Sharing Center. Then Wireless Network connection is the only one that works. I have tried deleting the Virtual Profile connection or clicking the Move Down button, but each time I log back in to my computer, it comes back and I have to go through the same thing.

How do I get my computer to automatically connect to my Wireless Network connection and can I have it automatically connect each time I log back in as my user?

Advertisements