Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

laptop problem

• Please log in to reply

swaps4

swaps4

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
Ok so i have had this laptop for over 1year and its broke and i cant get a refund etc. Basicaly when I turn it on the buttons etc light up but the screen doesnt turn on, i havn't dropped it,smacked it and so on so here are the spec's etc.

Operating system: Microsoft windows xp home edition.
Processor: AMD Sempron 3200+, 1.6ghz,512kb l2 cache, Hypertransport technolgy @ up to 1600 mhz
Screen: 14.1"widescreen ultrabright WXGA TFT
Memory: 512mb ram ddr2
Video: NVIDIA GeForce Go 6100
Hard Drive: 40gb, 4200 rpm
Optical drive: Multi-format double layer dvd+rw drive
Media Reader: 4-in-1 Secure digital (SD), Memory stick,Memory stick pro, multimedia card
Network/Modem: Integrated 802.11g wireless (up to 54mbps) 10/100mbps built-in ethernet 56k itu v.92 ready fax/modem
Ports: 3usb, 1vga, 1 mic, 1 headphone

So yea any ideas etc please post :)

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
most laptops have a connector for a external monitor...try hooking one up to that port and see if anything comes on the screen...

swaps4

swaps4

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

most laptops have a connector for a external monitor...try hooking one up to that port and see if anything comes on the screen...

nope nothing worked :)

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
if you can't even boot into safe mode and see anything on the screen you will have to take it to a shop...its a hardware problem...