Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem fixed! Ignore this post. SO sorry.

• Please log in to reply

Saiph

Saiph

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
About three days ago I felt like adding a guest account to my Windows Vista laptop. Somewhere along the way I read some kind of warning about losing certain types of information and decided I didn't want the guest account, but I believe I clicked on something to activate it anyway. (I haven't been able to locate the warning since.)

Since I've realized the guest account was on I have switched it back to off. But when I went back into my normal account everything was set back to the computer's default and all of the documents I created were gone, as well as a few minor programs I added.

What I need to know is where my information could have just dissapeared to, or why it was deleted, and most importantly, is there a way for me to get it back?

The only thing I've done so far is check my D drive for a recovery file of some sort, and the only thing that was there was a recovery file from before I even purchased the computer. I don't know what else I could do to locate my lost files.

----

I was able to fix it with system restore. So so so sorry about this.

Edited by Saiph, 08 January 2008 - 09:30 AM.

Advertisements