Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

geforce 8600 gt dvi to hdmi tv

• Please log in to reply

liam-x

liam-x

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i am trying to connect my geforce 8600 gt dvi to my bush hdmi tv i am using a dvi to hdmi cable and have setup Nvidia to hdtv but when i turn the channel to hdmi nothing is displayed i have tried reducing resolution and refresh rate but with no luck can anyone pls help :)

Advertisements

Flasharino

Flasharino

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I bought a DVI to Component Video cable on eBay I thought would work with my HDTV but had the same problem. I was hoping that the type you have would do the trick but that seems in doubt. Are you sure you configured the 2 displays correctly using the Nvidia Control Panel?

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
I did some Googling and found http://www.engadgeth...c-to-your-hdtv/

Instead of typing what I thought was a good thing to try I figured I'd link it. Also, are you trying to make the TV your primary monitor or are you trying to dual screen?

mart_blade

mart_blade

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Did anyone ever manage to resolve this?

I've got the same problem. Thought I would be a smart arse and get a DVI to Component to hook my tv to my PC and use it as a 2nd monitor but alas it doesn't work.

TV's quite old, HD but analogue, used to use it for HD movies from the xbox 360's HD Drive and it worked fine thru component on there but strangely doesn't wanna work with dvi from my 8600GT. Tried lowering resolution of my primary to 720p which was horrible and hoped it would kick in the 2nd monitor but no luck, got the 'extend to desktop' ticked as well.

Strange one.

TVs also got a DVI slot but it's the analogue one, although the cable i'm using is DVI-I, I might try one of those unless anyone has any knowledge that it wouldn't work?