Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Best AGP Video Card

• Please log in to reply

Boxybrown

Boxybrown

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
I've been looking around for a great video card for an agp motherboard. So far, the best thing I've been able to find, and with great reviews, is the Radeon x1950PRO 512 card. It seems to have great reviews and not to many issues. Some say its a power hog and that I'd need to get a new PS, but I dont mind getting a new one.

Now, what I want to know is, if this is the general opinion, that it IS the best AGP card out there for the money, or does anyone have any better ideas?

Advertisements

jackflash1991

jackflash1991

• PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
Best AGP cards for the money: http://www.tomshardw...hics/page5.html

PS: AGP is kind of a short term solution, probably will not last you that long. AGP is pretty much dead. It may seem hard to go and replace the board and all for a PCI-E slot but it is a more cost efficient solution in the long run.

Boxybrown

Boxybrown

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
Hmm...I guess my find was right, cause after the GeForce 7900 it says

"Essentially, this card is an overclocked 7800 GT, sporting a 256-bit memory bus and decent clock speeds; it's a very good performer and a solid card for the money.

The X1950 PRO is a slightly stronger performer at stock speeds, but supply seems to have dried up on the AGP X1950 line recently. If you can find an X1950 PRO AGP at this price, it's definitely something you'd want to consider."

And seeing as I found a card that was only 135$ online, I'm guessing its a good choice.

I really would like to switch to PCI-E, but I really dont have the money to swap out a new MoBo, RAM, and Video Card.

If my tax check "Suprises" me, then I will prolly break down and do it.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
If you wait there is going to be a HD3850 released from Power Colour some time within the next month.
As jackflash already mentioned, you'd be putting your money to better use if you saved up as this is a dead technology. If that is not a possiblity, I'd suggest waiting for the HD3850. It should be one of the last cards released on the AGP BUS, as I believe we have reached the limitations of the technology.
James

dcloud

dcloud

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
After exhaustive research I have found a few good AGP solutions. At the top of this list is this EVGA GeForce 7300GT.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
That's a very poor card.
James