Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

disconnected from internet

• Please log in to reply

magnifier

magnifier

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello. As topic says, I randomly get disconnected from the internet. Downloads stop, streams stop - I can continue playing games but it freezes for many seconds.

I use wireless and it was working 100% fine untill a few days back. I started out with pinging a site, where my pc and my gfs pc both got "timed out". Then I did the same with my router. Same thing, both timed out. So i bought a new network card and a router. Now my GF only times out on internet sites, not on router. I on the other hand, don't time out on any, I just get extremley high ping at times(DLs/streams still stop). Oh, my GF pings router for 1ms constantly and no time outs, I ping it for 1-17 with huge spikes at times(quite often, after new router that is). So I decided to try with a cable, my ping to router went down to 1ms constantly, but the internet problem still persists :) Still cannot DL anything or stream. Playing is also a pain cause of the spikes. Hope anyone has a clue whats going on :)

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

mag

Advertisements