Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Xbox 360 IP address problems

• Please log in to reply

agenthunk128

agenthunk128

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a xbox 360 with microsoft internet adapter. I also have a xbox live gold account. When i activate the network settings and put in my information, the ip address part fails and tells me i was unable to negociate a lease with my DHCP server. How do i fix this?

I also tryed manually putting in the settings and an error message saying that my gateway did not respond to my request.

Please, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
How do you connect to the internet? Do you have a router already (this is where the XBox will get an IP from usually, though it can work with a straight plug-in to your provider)?

agenthunk128

agenthunk128

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a 2Wire 1000HW Home Portal. My Xbox says that the adapter is connected and it has accessed by wireless network. But the automatic setting wont "negociate a lease with the DHCP server" and if i try to put all the information in manually it says that "the gateway did not respond to the request" I have atnt internet service or whatever it calls itself now.

Edited by agenthunk128, 09 January 2008 - 02:54 PM.

voltaicryan

voltaicryan

• Pip
  • 1 posts
having the same problem with my 2wire router with at&t internet have you found how to fix it yet?