Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Windows Web sharing with Windows IIS

• Please log in to reply

• PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
I am trying to set up a local website using ASP and windows XP. I have enables IIS on windows XP and set my website there and everything works fine on a first look, but if I click for the same page twice I get a Server 500 Error. Shown Below:

[codebox]The page cannot be displayed
There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed.

Please try the following:

* Click the Refresh button, or try again later.
* Open the localhost home page, and then look for links to the information you want.

HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error
Internet Information Services

Technical Information (for support personnel)

* Error Type:
Provider (0x80004005)
Unspecified error
/notes.asp, line 14

* Browser Type:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1) Gecko/20061010 Firefox/2.0

* Page:
GET /notes.asp

* Time:
Tuesday, January 08, 2008, 6:32:29 PM

* More information:
Microsoft Support

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have uploaded the code to a website on the internet and it worked fine, but I need it to work on the Intranet as well. I only get this error on a page that accesses the Access Database. I think it has something to do with that, but it works some of the time. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks,

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
I figured out the problem. I had to go into the IIS Service, and change the properties of the settings to allow write and Directory Browsing. I think that Directory Browsing just needed the check mark, and so far everything is OK. If someone thinks that I need to do more, and just haven't come to the problem yet, let me know, thanks!