Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PCI Device drivers missing!?!

• Please log in to reply

dkellermann

dkellermann

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
I don't know if I should be worried about this or not...

In Device Manager, under PCI bus, the last entry is a yellow ? and ! . (PCI Device [PCI bus 0, device 27, function 0]; device instance id: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27D8&SUBSYS_02028086&REV_01\3&61AAA01&0&D8)
I just re-installed XP Pro (restore and repair didn't work :) ) The guy who put my system together says not to worry, it happens sometimes... but I didn't have it before.

I made sure I installed all the drivers that came with my Intel (945 GV Express chipset) motherboard, sound blaster, Nvidia, etc., even remembered to check their websites for updates :) , and got the windows updates I needed.

Any ideas? I haven't installed any of my software because I'm afraid I'll just have to do it again... sigh.

Thanks!
Diane

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
This device could be anything from something on board to a separate card.
If the device is a separate card, you'll need to find a driver for it from somewhere, the people who made it preferably.
Common cards are modems, wireless cards, separate sound cards... basically anything and everything really.

dkellermann

dkellermann

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
Thank you. I can't think of what it could be...

Google search on PCI\VEN_8086DEV_27D8SUBSYS_02028086REV_01\361AAA010D8 came up with an advanced HD sound driver - you have to contact MS if you need it.

Thanks again.
Diane