Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

display on external monitor

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

joe f

joe f

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
I am not sure of the etiquette here, but I am still having display problems . I have a new Dell latitude laptop and have plugged an external lcd monitor into it. This worked fine until I accidentally hit some keys (not sure which) on keyboard and the monitor screen which was horizontal and landscape tilted 90 degrees so it is sideways. the control alt arrow trick worked to solve this orientation problem but then left me with a view on the external monitor that is partial with blank space above and below the main screen. changing resolutions on display dialogue box for the two screens does not seen to fill out that screen? Joe

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Closed. Duplicate.

Murray