Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

It's a mystery - plse help?

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Let me tell you a story!!!

About 3 months ago my freind got a nasty virus on his PC which had a habbit of changng his settings, locking his mouse a keyboard up along with other things :-/
So he decided to replace his PC, and I built it using his old HDD which I formatted and installed XP, virus now gone?

Nope, as soon as he got home and plugged it in, it was back.....

So he brought another HDD, which I installed for him, and when he got home and plugged it, his freind was back....

All I ask HOW!!!

From a formatted HDD, to a new one where is this virus appearing from??

Any ideas, plse help I am really baffled

p.s.We've tried various anti-virus software with no results :tazz:

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 17,271 posts
  • MVP
I expect you and/or your friend got on the internet without a firewall and without updated patches from windowsupdate.microsoft.com. You would be lucky to last an hour in that case.

If you need help post a HijackThis log.