Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows ME

• Please log in to reply

Annie_2

Annie_2

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I have a HP Pavilion 7920 Windows ME.(kids use it for games & homework) I was wondering if I can upgrade it to XP. If I can how would I go about doing that. I have a HP that has XP on it can I use the CD's that came with it.

Thanks,
Annie

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

Well, the first thing you need to do is go to the Microsoft XP homepage and run their Windows XP Upgrade Advisor to see if the system is capable of handling XP.

Once that is determined, you will need to go out and purchase a new retail version of XP as your HP cd's won't work and using them is also illegal.

Murray

Annie_2

Annie_2

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Thanks for the fast repley. :) I will go check it out and see if it is upgradeable. If I can upgrade i will go out and buy the CD that i need. Thanks again!!!

Keep up the good work this site has helped me out a lot. Just reading has helped me fix a few problems i had. :)

Annie

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Not a problem. Glad we could be of assistance. :)

Murray

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,526 posts
Keep in mind that the upgrade advisor will list bare minimum specs AND if your computer is close to the minimum, it will run slow.

let us know the current specs and we can advise you on this.

Cyborg Ninja

Cyborg Ninja

I don't know what Polite means

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Deleted by mod.

Murray

Edited by Murray S., 11 January 2008 - 08:45 PM.