Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

TrojanDownloader.xs

• Please log in to reply

Ron Slater

Ron Slater

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Greetings,

As with several posts, I have encountered, what may or may not be, the Trojandownloader.xs virus. I am sure there are additional ones as well. This is one of the pop up security warnings I recieved so I assume this too be one of the major infections. I have ran Norton Anti-virus 2008 free trial to fix the issue however, while some, not all things are back to normal. The pop up warnings have went away but my computer is now extremely slow beyond workabe. I am currently using Safe Mode (with networking). I was unaware their were multiple Safe Modes however I haven't had a virus in a long time. I saw the processes others went through on this forum so hopefully mine can be resolved as many others have. I have yet to read anyones computer slowing down a lot so that leads me to beleive the virus already did its damage. Your assistance is appreciated at your convenience.

Thanks,

Ron

Advertisements