Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Two DI-524 routers

• Please log in to reply

ossint

ossint

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
I have a DI-524 wireless /wire router. It connects my two computers with each other and also the Internet. Every thing works fine except that the signal strenght is low and I also bought a Sqeezebox to my stereo. I have an other DI-524 wich I consider using as a second transmitter, simply by connecting it to a free output on the first router. That works fine. I did set the second router up with a different ip-adress (192.168.0.2). The problem is that I can not get access from my computer to the router via the first one, it has the original ip-adress. The Sqeezebox finds the internet but not the slimserver on my computer, that is two routers away.

What is it that I have missed? :)

Edited by ossint, 09 January 2008 - 07:23 PM.

Advertisements

Gravity Gripp

Gravity Gripp

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,813 posts
What you did here will only work for internet access. Basically you setup up two separate networks, what you want to do is setup one network. I think what you're wanting is to set the second router up as a bridge to the first router while also being a repeater. I'm not sure if D-Link supports this with their firmware, but I've got the same thing setup here at my home, although I don't have D-Links.

You might want to look through the help menu or manual for how to setup a bridge/repeater.

You could also get some bigger antennas for you wireless router, that would help with the signal, but would take the second router out of the equation.

Edited by Gravity Gripp, 09 January 2008 - 10:28 PM.

ossint

ossint

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Thank you Gravity G

Yes, I assume your are right, also having found others with much the same question it seems like a new antenna might be a faster solution. Thanks again