Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Logonui.exe

• Please log in to reply

PMS

PMS

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
I first started with the DWWIN.EXE upon start up. I browsed the forum and followed some instructioins on attempting to get rid of this. The ATF Cleaner, I was not able to do because when I would click on download the DWWIN.EXE would come up and prevent me from downloading it. Step One: Scan for spyware with AVG Anti-Spyware. I did this in safe mode. When I rebooted to proceed with the next step in normal mode, logonui.exe popped up and would not let me in. But after about 20 clicks of OK or CANCEL, it brought up the sign in prompt which looked different from what it usually looks. Looks like the old school login gui, though it stated it was XP Pro SP2. After about a good 30 minutes of my computer sounding like it was going somewhere, it leaves me at a blue screen. I've been here for about 1.5 hours.

I am able to log onto my windows safe mode, but I can't in normal mode. I'm needing some help. :)

I really appreciate your help

Advertisements

PMS

PMS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Hello....Can I get some help Please?? :) I'm really needing someones assistance? :) Pwease? ( :) )

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
PMS, sorry no one has responded to your post, fell through the cracks somehow.

If you know the date when this started happening, boot to Safe Mode and login as Administrator (no password). Use System Restore to go back to a date before the problem started occurring, see if that resolves the problem. This will not touch your personal data, just the registry and some specific, critical, system files.

Click on Start then Programs, Accessories, System Tools and finally System Restore.

PMS

PMS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Oh Wow!!! thanks for the reply....I most definately will do this! Thank you thank you thank you!!! I'll be back.

PMS

PMS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Hey Ztruker

I was running housecall which came back with quite a bit of Trojans, Grayware and Viruses. I rebooted this morning (I left it running overnight) and I was going to follow your instructions, but the logonui.exe never came up again. The application errors that I have been encountering are/were: logonui.exe, dwwin.exe and wmiprvse.exe. I logged on and received the dwwin.exe error, but once I clicked cancel 2 times, it allowed me to continue. I then went on to trendmicro and downloaded the Hijackthis. (I tried this before but the dwwin.exe prevented me from doing anything, or running anything). I was able to now run hijackthis with no problems (thank God) and I now have a copy of it. I will post it in the hijackthis section and hopefully someone will be able to help me further. I hope not to fall through the cracks again :) I really appreciate your help. Thank you

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Excellent! The Malware gurus will help you get your computer cleaned up for sure.

Post back here if you have any problems once you have a clean machine.

PMS

PMS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
I've posted since 1/15 and I've received no replies or assistance from anyone. Do you think you can send someone my way? I'd really appreciate it. Guess it's a habit of falling through the cracks :) :) :)

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
You posted your HJT log today at 12:35. You original post there on 1/15 said you couldn't run HJT. You're going to have to be patient a bit longer as it normally takes 2-3 days for the malware folks to get to a post.

If you've not had a response by the 20th, post here in this thread and I'll try to contact someone.

PMS

PMS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Thanks

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
PMS, please post in the Waiting room. Follow the directions in the pinned post called Has it been 3 days. That should get you some attention soon.

PMS

PMS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Posted. Thank you :)