Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Default Language Track in Windows Media Player

• Please log in to reply

Adamtheman

Adamtheman

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hey guys, I'm wondering if anyone knows how to permanently change the language track of an avi file that has two language tracks. The video clip I have is in Japanese but I can change it to English by going to Play -> Audio and Language Tracks -> English . The only problem is once I close the video it goes back to japanese once i reopen it. Is there anyway of changing it so that the file is played in english by default? Maybe a program that will take out the japanese language track, or record the english one separately? I dowloaded this file originally as an .ogg file with a .ssa file that comes with it if that is any bit useful. Any help would be much appreciated, thanx.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
no. the default language track is set at the time of encoding.

if you were using something like powerdvd or windvd then you might have the ability to set the default language track.

Edited by starjax, 15 January 2008 - 09:24 AM.

Adamtheman

Adamtheman

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Darn :) The reason I asked this was cuz i wanted to edit the clip in movie maker, but there was no way to change it to english once i imported the file :). So theres no way even to extract the english soundtrack out just as an audio file? *cry* Thanks anyways man, cheers.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
you might post that last question over in the video/audio forum section and see if someone there can help you. Otherwise you might end up going to videohelp.com.