Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Outlook

• Please log in to reply

Doreen Kay

Doreen Kay

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
How can I use Outlook as a mass marketing tool?

Edited by Doreen Kay, 10 January 2008 - 10:59 AM.

Advertisements

AgentMES

AgentMES

Banned Spammer

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
Mass Marketing Tool? Would you please explain yourself better?

Doreen Kay

Doreen Kay

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
I apologize for not being thorough enough. This was a question asked by one of my collegues and I didn't get much more than the question. I found this website and was just curious if anyone had any thoughts or suggestions.

AgentMES

AgentMES

Banned Spammer

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
Hhmm... I'm afraid I can't help you with this.... :)

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Outlook is used for sending email, and mass marketing email is spam. The only assistance we provide with spam is helping people to get rid of it. Please see the terms of service for more info, or PM an administrator. This topic is closed.
Johanna
:)

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Let's look into this request a little more.

What information are you after here and what do you hope to accomplish? We're in a grey area at the moment and when the words Mass Marketing come into play the red flags start popping up. There are, indeed, legitimate uses for bulk mailings from Outlook that are used daily by many.

We'll be monitoring this topic closely... :)

Doreen Kay

Doreen Kay

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
I talked to my colleague.

The only thing my colleague wants to do is send a feedback survey to her clients who made purchases from her over the Christmas holiday. The clients on her list have already opted to receive the survey. She wants to send it to them all at once instead of sending them each individually.

No one was looking to spam anyone. If this is still wrong, then please accept my apologies.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Outlook can be used to accomplish that using contact lists...I do believe. I don't use Outlook so we may have to get someone who does answer more specifically. You should be able to set up groups of people that you contact as a group..."Department Heads" in example....or in your case, "Survey"...and email them as a group.

You should be able to find more information within the application's help file on how to do this.

Doreen Kay

Doreen Kay

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
True. But, when you email as a group - it's no longer personalized...and everyone in the "group" can see everyone else's email address once it is sent. There's a way to send it all at one time, but still have that personalized look. I'll keep looking... But, thanks. :)

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
I know there is software available for doing that, but I don't think it can be done quite that way in Outlook. At least I can't find a way to do it in Outlook 2007.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
I think this is what your looking for:

http://www.mapilab.c...ok/easy_survey/