Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Say goodbye to using a floppy disk for F6 driver install!

• Please log in to reply

furnaps

furnaps

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Well I recently ran into a problem where I couldnt install windows because it wouldnt recognize my Hard drive at the partition screen on the setup because I needed to install my sata drivers by pressing F6 during setup.

Only problem was My pc didnt have a Connection for a Floppy IDE cable so I couldnt even install the driver! and the F6 driver install only reads from the floppy drive.

SO I looked into slipstreaming which is adding the driver or drivers to the Windows Install cd so it recognizes your Sata Hard drive without doing anything With F6.

Just follow the directions on this page I found:

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Install-Windows-XP-On-SATA-Without-a-Floppy-F6-47807.shtml

this is the EASIEST way to do this the I've found!! its so simple youll never use a Floppy to do this again!

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Any decent board has a floppy connector. This is not always the case with branded computers.
Anyway, for a Vista installation you can load a separate SATA driver from most sources when you set the partitions up.

furnaps

furnaps

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
well this one didnt and its an Newer Intel, some one might not have one or might not have a floppy drive to use. And Im not talking about vista I was talking about Xp.

Any way I was just trying to put this out there for anyone who had the same problem.