Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Using Blogger for a Blog

• Please log in to reply

PuffGussy36

PuffGussy36

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
Not having a lot of web programming experience, I use Blogger for my blog. The URL for the page is http://www.myname.com/VolunteeredOpinion.html . "My name" is actually my real name in the address.

It's a cumbersome address and I've tried searching for it with no luck. Is there a SIMPLE way I can make it easier to find through a search engine? Do I have to register "The Volunteered Opinion" as a domain or is there another option?

Thanks.

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
The DOT com part is your domain and that needs to be submitted to the Search Engines, but only if your site is up and running and has all the good SEO stuff in the code on each page. You could be penalized by submitting to SEs before the pages are ready. I would suggest going and using Google's Web Tools to get your site ready for Google. Usually if you meet Google's requirements, you're good to go with the others.

Ron

PuffGussy36

PuffGussy36

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
I'll try going to Google. I ran a search on "Volunteered Opinion" and my blog is the first result now. Granted it comes up with an older post and not the home page but I'll take it. :)