Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hard Drive Dillema

• Please log in to reply

ComputerClown

ComputerClown

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello,

YIKES! I ran out of hard drive last night. After looking at my main drive properties I find I have over 19 gigs of a 20 gig drive used up. This seems odd to me because I don't store movies or anything that would use lots of space and I only use a few programs.

So why is my disk so full? Is there a way that I can see what the amount of space is used for? I ran Registry Easy and this only cleaned up about 1 gig of space and I removed all my photos and this made almost 2 gigs more free.

I still have 15+ gigs of used space. I don't think I have 15 programs I run. What s all this space used up for?

I thought about using the "delete duplicate files" option on Registry Easy, but I'm afraid to mess up my system.

Please help!

Christopher

Edited by ComputerClown, 10 January 2008 - 03:40 PM.

Advertisements

Dngrsone

Dngrsone

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
Did you try using the built-in drive-space optimizer in XP? It's great for finding all those old backup files, logs and temp files.

If you are using IE, then you likely have a huge cache of temporary internet files and cookies.