Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Perhaps why G2G is not the leader

• Please log in to reply

medianox

medianox

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi,

I am a long time forum user (mostly devshed properties - seochat, devshed, aspfree, etc.) and had heard there was an active community over here. I posted a very thorough request and well...

Link to Thread

Is this common around here? While Devshed has it's own share of problems and wrong answers (which happens), you will not find a moderator needlessly lying.

I'm curious if the community looks down on this handling - or is this is allowed/encouraged behavior for moderators on this board?

Thanks,

Taylor

Advertisements

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
Hello, I have found this site to be better than any other out there. I am sorry that you feel as you do.
You present yourself as a professional, yet you are not acting very professional.

medianox

medianox

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
So wait - you accept this moderator's behavior?

Who is on trial here? The outsider. No problem.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
No one is "on trial" here.

Keep in mind that YOU are the newcomer here. We don't know you or anything about you. With all the homework requests we see, it's easy to make assumptions based on what we've seen in the past. We DO, however, know our staff and you can be assured that they have earned our trust or they wouldn't have the positions they do. I've known dsenette long enough to know that if he says he has seen a homework assignment that looked like that one...it is a fact. To call anyone in open forum a liar, or any other name, is inexcusable behavior at best, and is in violation of our terms of service.

I'm sorry you found your experience here to be insulting, but I see nowhere in your topic where anyone tried to insult you. The first flame was yours...as was the last. If you are associated with such a large and influential organization, why are you looking for free help? Wouldn't you be better served by using the resources available to you within your organization?

If you have anything else to say on this matter, please feel free to PM me.